The park has the same opening hours as the exhibitions and will be closed for visitors during 2021. Welcome back in 2022.
The garden south of the castle was built in the 1850’s, inspired from English-styled parks with winding footpaths. The smaller lake in front of the castle was probably constructed during the same time.
The ruin was built on the foundation of a greenhouse, as a time-typical addition to the English park. A picture from 1891 is the first evidence of the ruin’s existence. It was higher then, than it is today. Trees and flowers grew around the stones, both inside and around the ruin, which enhanced the Romantic feeling. The park has the same opening hours as the exhibitions.